The Dwarf King

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
Post Reply
User avatar
benmojuan
Posts: 5
Joined: 07 June 2026, 18:41

The Dwarf King

Post by benmojuan »

Question, are tournaments possible with The Dwarf King? I feel like I might have seen/participated in one before, but I can't remember.

Just asking cus if so, then I'm thinking of getting Premium so as to host one.

Thanks!

PS -- Sorry if this question has been asked before!
User avatar
RazorOz
Posts: 442
Joined: 25 June 2022, 13:58

Re: The Dwarf King

Post by RazorOz »

Yes.
User avatar
tbhp
Posts: 1046
Joined: 16 April 2025, 00:35

Re: The Dwarf King

Post by tbhp »

I have a question related to this.

There is a game I play where there is hardly any tournament organized. I don't know what the reason is for that.

Is it okay if, hypothetically, I get a premium account and start organizing tournaments for that game? (say, a couple new tournaments every month).

The question might seem silly, but considering people aren't organizing tournaments right now, it might seem unwelcome if the number of tournaments suddenly starts tripling just because I personally want to see more tournaments. So I'm wondering if this would be considered a normal way to handle it.
mrdoctor
Posts: 238
Joined: 22 August 2020, 14:16

Re: The Dwarf King

Post by mrdoctor »

benmojuan wrote: ↑28 September 2026, 07:16 Question, are tournaments possible with The Dwarf King? I feel like I might have seen/participated in one before, but I can't remember.
You can use the filters here:

https://boardgamearena.com/tournamentlist

Filter for the specific game, then filter to show upcoming/ongoing/completed tournaments. There are currently 0 upcoming for The Dwarf King, 3 ongoing, and 4 finished ones.

* Game library: the game you want to look at
* Status: upcoming/ongoing/past tournaments.
* Registration: set to all, or filter by those you did/didn't partake in.
tbhp wrote: ↑28 September 2026, 11:48 I have a question related to this.

There is a game I play where there is hardly any tournament organized. I don't know what the reason is for that.

Is it okay if, hypothetically, I get a premium account and start organizing tournaments for that game? (say, a couple new tournaments every month).

The question might seem silly, but considering people aren't organizing tournaments right now, it might seem unwelcome if the number of tournaments suddenly starts tripling just because I personally want to see more tournaments. So I'm wondering if this would be considered a normal way to handle it.
The only people who'll really see the tournaments you make are those looking for tournaments for that specific game. I'm sure no-one will mind at all.

Just be aware that some games simply don't have a big player base on BGA, and thus it's difficult to get a tournament going for them. If it's not a popular game, then you may need to send out invites to a lot of people who play that game.
User avatar
tbhp
Posts: 1046
Joined: 16 April 2025, 00:35

Re: The Dwarf King

Post by tbhp »

mrdoctor wrote: ↑28 September 2026, 23:15 Just be aware that some games simply don't have a big player base on BGA, and thus it's difficult to get a tournament going for them.
Oh, the tournaments going on usually get 30-40 subscribers, which I consider a good number (decent odds of winning the tournament, while also having enough players for the win to be satisfying).

Makes it confusing why not more tournaments are made, since people seem to enjoy the few that exist.
mrdoctor
Posts: 238
Joined: 22 August 2020, 14:16

Re: The Dwarf King

Post by mrdoctor »

tbhp wrote: ↑28 September 2026, 23:29
mrdoctor wrote: ↑28 September 2026, 23:15 Just be aware that some games simply don't have a big player base on BGA, and thus it's difficult to get a tournament going for them.
Oh, the tournaments going on usually get 30-40 subscribers, which I consider a good number (decent odds of winning the tournament, while also having enough players for the win to be satisfying).

Makes it confusing why not more tournaments are made, since people seem to enjoy the few that exist.
Most people probably don't realise that literally any Premium Member can set them up. Most of those that do realise just wait for someone else to do it as they don't care enough to bother doing it themselves.
Post Reply

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”