Buying 1 card of 3 from the deck

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
timeakiss
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 May 2026, 00:10

Buying 1 card of 3 from the deck

Post by timeakiss »

Hey everyone!

I am struggling to see how to trigger in BGA the way to buy cards that that is printed on the back of the deck - for a pigeon/provision. How I read the rules, if I add a pigeon on my caravan and I use the die for that number, why cannot I buy a card from the non viseble part of the deck? Or if I put a die on the pigeon symbol in the middle, why is that not making this available?

Im sure I am missing something here.

Thanks in advance!
User avatar
Suoivax
Posts: 374
Joined: 13 April 2022, 00:27

Re: Buying 1 card of 3 from the deck

Post by Suoivax »

you still have to place that die in a spot that lets you acquire a card (usually a camel or boat slot), the "buy one of 3 unknown" ability replaces the default faceup purchase at the cost of a pigeon or another provision.

So if you place the die to buy a face up card, click the deck instead (assuming you have the camel/boat AND a pigeon on that die #, or an extra provision)
timeakiss
Posts: 2
Joined: 16 May 2026, 00:10

Re: Buying 1 card of 3 from the deck

Post by timeakiss »

Ah that makes sense and I think I used this once accidentally and didn’t know what I did that it became available :) thanks!
Post Reply

Return to “Wayfarers of the South Tigris”