Defense for Monastery Tile 1

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
MDTerp96
Posts: 1
Joined: 17 August 2025, 21:18

Defense for Monastery Tile 1

Post by MDTerp96 »

This tile seems extremely overpowered when combined with scoring tiles that provide 4 points for each of those buildings. I'm not sure why the rule isn't that same building construction is allowed in only one town, not all your towns.
Does anyone have a good strategy to defend this? I've tried taking away relevant buildings from the player with that combination of tiles, but that is not always possible to do and every time I do it seems to derail my own strategy and open the door for a different player to win the game. Any suggestions?
User avatar
Anonemuss
Posts: 4
Joined: 07 January 2022, 05:37

Re: Defense for Monastery Tile 1

Post by Anonemuss »

It is incredibly strong, particularly on maps with large building regions. I rarely finish all buildings in a game, but will still often grab tech #1 on a map with a 5 or greater building region. It allows you to deprioritize buildings earlier in the game and finish areas late game in a way that's very hard to block.

btw, never go for an 8 building region without that tile. Far to easy too get blocked and ruin your entire game
Post Reply

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”