Arena - Why 1st Edition tiles?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
Bobster147
Posts: 2
Joined: 17 February 2026, 12:26

Arena - Why 1st Edition tiles?

Post by Bobster147 »

Why does the Arena mode use the inferior 1st edition tiles? I can’t recognise them! What’s is the reason for this foolish decision?
not one
Posts: 1
Joined: 30 May 2026, 01:28

Re: Arena - Why 1st Edition tiles?

Post by not one »

The yellow tile #6 in 2019 edition is do strong that if a player got it in stage A he wins. It's unbalanced in arena mode.
--Q--
Posts: 16
Joined: 09 September 2021, 13:15

Re: Arena - Why 1st Edition tiles?

Post by --Q-- »

Bobster147 wrote: ↑25 May 2026, 22:29 Why does the Arena mode use the inferior 1st edition tiles? I can’t recognise them! What’s is the reason for this foolish decision?
Just change the design in the options, it is not that hard.
User avatar
Anonemuss
Posts: 8
Joined: 07 January 2022, 05:37

Re: Arena - Why 1st Edition tiles?

Post by Anonemuss »

I agree the first edition art I just cannot look at. Even though they have very nice advantage of seeing which tiles were Black market. That's critical at super high level play
I would love an adaptation of the 2019 art that included an indication of black market tiles

To be clear, I always play the first edition rule set, entirely to avoid the op tech 6
Post Reply

Return to “The Castles of Burgundy”