Undo trade option if possible

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
Tiny_world
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 May 2026, 07:46

Undo trade option if possible

Post by Tiny_world »

I just hd a situation that I would like to bring up.

I asked for a trade grain for wood. One of the other players changed that into wood for grain. My vision is a bit impaired so I totally missed that and accepted the trade. Now I can restart my entire turn but I cant undo trade. In daily life when planning the boardgame I would never have accepted this trade. Why isnt the restart button functioning for the trades?
User avatar
Shivaware
Posts: 354
Joined: 26 November 2012, 17:00

Re: Undo trade option if possible

Post by Shivaware »

Tiny_world wrote: ↑25 September 2026, 23:09 I just hd a situation that I would like to bring up.

I asked for a trade grain for wood. One of the other players changed that into wood for grain. My vision is a bit impaired so I totally missed that and accepted the trade. Now I can restart my entire turn but I cant undo trade. In daily life when planning the boardgame I would never have accepted this trade. Why isnt the restart button functioning for the trades?
If you are referring to this game, the log says you offered to give up grain to receive wood, and one of your opponents accepted your offer.

That said, I have heard of people offering the reverse trade hoping that the switch won't be noticed. That seems like a sneaky trick, and I wonder if BGA could better highlight the difference between someone accepting your offer and someone offering a counter-offer.
User avatar
Tiny_world
Posts: 4
Joined: 21 May 2026, 07:46

Re: Undo trade option if possible

Post by Tiny_world »

Thx for the respone. Highlighting would be ideal
User avatar
Coleus1
Posts: 18
Joined: 22 April 2025, 14:51

Re: Undo trade option if possible

Post by Coleus1 »

It is your turn, you initiate a trade, you and some other player accept a trade. You buy a development card but oh no! The other player you made a trade with has his vision a bit impared and he totally missed what the trade was. Now he gets to undo the trade? Won't work in practice. Undoing trades should then be applicible for all parts involved. Also, imagine a situation where a plyer makes multiple trades with different players.. I think in this situation its better to not forget using glasses
haustlov
Posts: 3
Joined: 30 December 2023, 01:29

Re: Undo trade option if possible

Post by haustlov »

There is a possibility to take advantage of other players trade, and some players does that. When to persons are dealing back and forth and agrees upon a trade, the third person can throw in a random suggestion. Then the trades switches place on the board. I have accepted bad trades several times due to this, we can discuss sportsmanship, but some players takes advantage of this.

It could be solved - if not with an undo-option - with a confirm-button. We click "are you sure you want to pass" all the time. Why not an "confirm trade". It would make it better for fair players and close a loophole for unfair play.
Post Reply

Return to “Catan”