Wild change of luck

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
drobertsrn
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 March 2026, 13:49

Wild change of luck

Post by drobertsrn »

I get this a game of luck mostly but does anyone have wild swings where you just continue to get destroyed by players with 100Elo? And I wouldn’t mind if it was 1 or 2 games but it seems it’s like 10 in a row. For instance, my last 2 games I had a person win a hand with 3 cards for the game win, then next game the player got 4 mermaids. Any one?
User avatar
SouthDakota
Posts: 1
Joined: 29 January 2024, 07:14

Re: Wild change of luck

Post by SouthDakota »

I had well over 400 ELO then lost 10 impending a row. Crazy business.
Ceaseless
Posts: 1423
Joined: 12 November 2022, 17:06

Re: Wild change of luck

Post by Ceaseless »

That's luck for you.
User avatar
drobertsrn
Posts: 2
Joined: 26 March 2026, 13:49

Re: Wild change of luck

Post by drobertsrn »

SouthDakota wrote: ↑01 October 2026, 04:02 I had well over 400 ELO then lost 10 impending a row. Crazy business.
Used to be up at 370, now I’m at half that.
User avatar
Jellby
Posts: 3744
Joined: 31 December 2013, 12:22

Re: Wild change of luck

Post by Jellby »

SouthDakota wrote: ↑01 October 2026, 04:02 I had well over 400 ELO then lost 10 impending a row. Crazy business.
Yes, you managed to get above 400 a few times, but couldn't keep up.
Image
drobertsrn wrote: ↑03 October 2026, 09:47 Used to be up at 370, now I’m at half that.
You didn't "use to" be at 370, you hardly got above 300 once
Image

I'd say you both are now at your "regular" levels more or less. You get lucky, you go up, you get unlucky, you go down. It is pointless to look at your peak elo, only the "average" elo over a certain period is any meaningful.
Post Reply

Return to “Sea Salt & Paper”