New settings for arena

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
FlerFlegma
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 August 2022, 18:48

New settings for arena

Post by FlerFlegma »

Hi
I'm wondering if it would be possible to make tailored balanced setting for arena disabling some of the most unbalanced cards out there. Which cards to be removed is another topic, I'm just curious if there was a list of OP cards that could be removed as a form of a setting balancing out the game for the arena?
I know in Ark Nova they did rebalance the basic maps for BGA and allowed to toggle them out? Such setting would be welcome in the arena where you can lose the game off the bat if enemy gets some of them (usually one is enough)
User avatar
jordijansen
Posts: 259
Joined: 09 March 2023, 19:32

Re: New settings for arena

Post by jordijansen »

I see a lot of people shouting about OP cards, and I'd love to discuss this with the publisher to introduce such a setting. But the Gurus must first decide which cards should be banned in Arena. So if someone can organize a list of cards that should be banned (prefereabbly backed by a number of top players) I will talk to the publisher.
User avatar
Jellby
Posts: 3744
Joined: 31 December 2013, 12:22

Re: New settings for arena

Post by Jellby »

The discussion about which cards are overpowered or not does not need to be restricted to the gurus. Once a list is decided, and approved by the publisher, and an option implemented, then the gurus can vote to use it in Arena.
User avatar
Deverdelger
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 October 2024, 20:42

Re: New settings for arena

Post by Deverdelger »

It is possible it's used for wingspan as well.

But wouldn't it be easier to ban the recharge tile? I feel like that's where most of the power lies.
User avatar
XDannyOrz
Posts: 4
Joined: 12 December 2020, 06:32

Re: New settings for arena

Post by XDannyOrz »

I believe there are only two cards needed to be banned, they are Lavarp and Wayfinder.

Lavarp is a great card alone, and could be very strong with energy recharge cards or captain ability.

Wayfinder is also very strong with recharge tile, captain ability and some cards that can trigger recharge ability.

Other than these two cards. Some of the cards are still strong but not game breaking and does not needed to be banned.
FlerFlegma
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 August 2022, 18:48

Re: New settings for arena

Post by FlerFlegma »

I agree with the Lavarp and Wayfinder ban. Personally would add the Mentimidae for the list. Others are... managable at worst.
Even Doground is strong, but not op due to the required setup. Doground is just broken card that give almost randomly 0-5 points based on luck in most cases. I think it can be left in the game (still would love to see it reworked though ).

So far, the list looks like this for me:
1) Lavarp
2) Mentimidae
3) Wayfinder
FlerFlegma
Posts: 4
Joined: 01 August 2022, 18:48

Re: New settings for arena

Post by FlerFlegma »

Deverdelger wrote: ↑01 October 2026, 18:36 It is possible it's used for wingspan as well.

But wouldn't it be easier to ban the recharge tile? I feel like that's where most of the power lies.
Lavarp laughs at the recharge tile ban ;)
I think if we make proper ban list the recharge tile won't be the issue anymore
Post Reply

Return to “Wondrous Creatures”