Hi there all,
We all know that exile cards give strong options, but how about the fact that if you buy them early, mostly in the first round, you will have a good second round, but after that you will be left with a very weak hand.
From my experience, it is not that good to buy only exile cards, especially in the first round. You spend all your coins, but mostly I find hard to be able to play a good second round (advance on the track) and also get more coins to have the option to buy new cards.
After all the games I played so far, I think that the best strategy is to buy a mix of new cards (exile and standard) and avoid to buy only exile cards (mostly in the first round) so you can balance your future hands!
What do you think?
P.S. And yes, I know what we all feel when the Rough Map card is on display (exile to gain 3 Compass) and it is your play turn. And I also know what you feel when you buy a new card and Rough Map card is now available for the next player. And yes, again, I also know what you feel when you buy a new card and Rough Map card is now available for the next player, but the next player has no coins to be able to buy it, and then you buy it in your next turn!
We all know that exile cards give strong options, but how about the fact that if you buy them early, mostly in the first round, you will have a good second round, but after that you will be left with a very weak hand.
From my experience, it is not that good to buy only exile cards, especially in the first round. You spend all your coins, but mostly I find hard to be able to play a good second round (advance on the track) and also get more coins to have the option to buy new cards.
After all the games I played so far, I think that the best strategy is to buy a mix of new cards (exile and standard) and avoid to buy only exile cards (mostly in the first round) so you can balance your future hands!
What do you think?
P.S. And yes, I know what we all feel when the Rough Map card is on display (exile to gain 3 Compass) and it is your play turn. And I also know what you feel when you buy a new card and Rough Map card is now available for the next player. And yes, again, I also know what you feel when you buy a new card and Rough Map card is now available for the next player, but the next player has no coins to be able to buy it, and then you buy it in your next turn!