Youtube channel for Splendor analysis

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
druzil
Posts: 8
Joined: 07 September 2011, 13:09

Youtube channel for Splendor analysis

Post by druzil »

Hi everyone,

I've started a youtube channel where I analyse Splendor replays using a alpha-zero style engine that has been trained to a high-level

Here is an example of the current generation

https://youtu.be/d4lpbIGd_SA

I'm trying to continually improve the quality so any feedback is appreciated.

Also if you are interested in having your games analysed you can post them below or message me directly. Just note currently I only analyse 2-player games (no expansions) and can't analyse games with moves containing reserving from the hidden deck.
WashedUp
Posts: 3
Joined: 22 May 2026, 01:53

Re: Youtube channel for Splendor analysis

Post by WashedUp »

Respectfully, the narration is extremely bad.

"Player 1 does x, player 2 does y" is not interesting. I can see what moves are being played. I want to know what those moves accomplish both offensively and defensively, what future lines they are threatening, what alternatives could have been considered. When the narration does mention something like this, it's often totally random and meaningless. For example, at 5:39 the narration mentions that the gold gained from reserving a card, will make a tier 1 white card affordable. So what? Look at the state of the game -- does it matter at all that the tier 1 white card is now affordable? The very next move" player two takes [whatever]. The engine disagrees, and prefers [something else]" Why? Take a moment to explore the consequences of both moves to explain why the engine prefers something else, otherwise what's the point of even mentioning it? The AI is just saying things for the sake of saying them -- which is all AI can really do, tbh.

Check out Gothamchess youtube channel for an example of game commentary that makes good use of engine analysis while also providing useful strategic insight. You will need to put more human thought into your narration, instead of leaning so heavily on AI.
Post Reply

Return to “Splendor”