player board unclear for beginners

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
boardgame_bug
Posts: 1
Joined: 10 September 2022, 07:42

player board unclear for beginners

Post by boardgame_bug »

I tried learning this game through BGA and had a tough time parsing the player board. Its quite small on the page, and I have no idea what is beneath each tile on the player board. I can somewhat infer what each piece produces from the shape of the piece, but I feel like if the UI lifted the piece off the board when you hovered over it, it would be much easier to know exactly what you're doing. Many other games on BGA do this when you hover over pieces, I think it would help a lot with learning this game.

Another possible solution would be to give a description or show an icon of what each piece produces when its placed, either when clicked on or when hovered. Also just making the player boards a bit bigger in general would help in my opinion, its hard to even see the worker income numbers on my screen.

This game seems pretty fun! but its a bit tough to tell what I'm doing as someone who hasn't played it much.
Jeromie
Posts: 25
Joined: 04 April 2020, 21:13

Re: player board unclear for beginners

Post by Jeromie »

Lifting up the thing you need to click on for an expand action seems like a bad idea but we could probably add tooltips to say that cow produce milk, bakery transform wheat into bread etc.

Making the cost clearer is a good idea but making the player boards bigger would mean scrolling down more which is already inconvenient IMO. What resolution are you playing on? I usually play zoomed in, at 140%.
Post Reply

Return to “Clans of Caledonia”