Extended Start Varient

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
Xlor the Ravasher
Posts: 3
Joined: 01 January 2016, 08:09

Extended Start Varient

Post by Xlor the Ravasher »

Please include this with or after you finish with Venus Next. Really increases the enjoyment of a friendly game to have more choices. Thanks
Yahyra
Posts: 199
Joined: 06 January 2016, 03:33

Re: Extended Start Varient

Post by Yahyra »

Thanks for posting OP. I think (not entirely sure, I've never done it) that there's a suggestions submissions place (much like bug reports), you can submit stuff like this on there, and people can upvote it.
FrankJones
Posts: 2840
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: Extended Start Varient

Post by FrankJones »

I don't even know what that is.
User avatar
Ingoschi
Posts: 62
Joined: 17 March 2025, 22:02

Re: Extended Start Varient

Post by Ingoschi »

It's in the "Prelude 2" rules:

Variant: Extended Start
During setup, choose from 3 corporations and 6
preludes, instead of the normal 2 and 4.
FrankJones
Posts: 2840
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: Extended Start Varient

Post by FrankJones »

Ingoschi wrote: ↑08 October 2026, 07:29 It's in the "Prelude 2" rules:

Variant: Extended Start
During setup, choose from 3 corporations and 6
preludes, instead of the normal 2 and 4.
Oh, right. I'm familiar with that; I just didn't recognize it by name. Yes, that would be a good idea.
User avatar
xspuipuke
Posts: 226
Joined: 13 July 2021, 16:51

Re: Extended Start Varient

Post by xspuipuke »

I don't think this makes any sense without Prelude 2. Prelude 2 adds like 36 more preludes for a total of over 70. Then drafting from 6 makes sense. If you draft 6 each from 35, then you have almost all preludes in every single 5-player game.

That said, I'd totally like seeing 3 corps at the start.
Post Reply

Return to “Terraforming Mars”