ARCTICA is on BETA

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
Melchizedeck
Posts: 5
Joined: 15 January 2016, 00:45

ARCTICA is on BETA

Post by Melchizedeck »

Hi everyone! I'm Rémi, co-designer of ARCTICA and head of development at This Way. After months of hard work with Firgon, we're proud to present this new game to you.

ARCTICA is a competitive, card-driven, engine-building and majority Eurogame based on the development of Arctic ecosystems, especially fauna. The game features more than 160 unique animals cards, and your goal is to build a viable ecosystem.

You'll reproduce your animals on wheels and colonize the Arctic continent.

See you at the tables! Your feedbacks will be helpful.

https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=arctica
nuttyturnip
Posts: 6
Joined: 19 September 2014, 20:52

Re: ARCTICA is on BETA

Post by nuttyturnip »

I’m in the middle of a game which suddenly is failing to load. It loads 97% of the box art, then says Cannot Load Image: Error: https://x.boardgamearena.net/data/theme ... ammals.png

I’ve tried on several web browsers and get the same error.
sawwhet5975
Posts: 1
Joined: 09 May 2026, 02:29

Re: ARCTICA is on BETA

Post by sawwhet5975 »

Some feedback on gameplay:

About: Long / Short Generation cards. Going to the top of its respective stack once upgraded.

Feedback:

I'm finding the mechanism of the generation cards jumping to the top of the generation stack to be disruptive to building my engine in a way that doesn't feel good. Before playing a fauna card, I'll think through how I'm wanting my engine to chain over successive actions / turns. Then when I play that card and meet the threshold for upgrading the generation card, it jumps to the top of its respective generation stack, completely derailing what I had in mind for my engine.

Triggering that generation card and moving it out of the way isn't overly difficult, but it moving its placement within the generation stack semi-permanently changes my engine flow. It also seems like I'm usually upgrading the generation card late in the game. Given that the number of actions you get / can dictate in the game are already fairly limited, it doesn't feel good being forced to prioritize the generation card over the fauna card that you actually played and wanted to activate. Especially late in the game when you might not get another opportunity.

To me, right now, the generation card upgrading doesn't feel rewarding like it should, and instead feels like an impediment that is getting in the way of what I want to accomplish.

Proposed change:

When the generation card upgrades, it should just flip and stay in the same relative position in its corresponding stack. That way it's not totally altering the flow of your engine, or blocking you from activating the ability of a fauna card that you just played. Even better would be getting the option to choose between keeping the generation card where it is in the stack, or moving it to the top. That way at least players have some agency on where the card is going.
User avatar
Timm-E
Posts: 55
Joined: 04 November 2020, 10:39

Re: ARCTICA is on BETA

Post by Timm-E »

Nice feedback, but you might address this to the game publisher instead of here. But as the game is already published, i don't think they will do anything with this. And the BGA version wont be any different than the published version.
Post Reply

Return to “"Beta" games”