Grumpy Goat Card Issues

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
GiannisIsTheBeast
Posts: 50
Joined: 13 January 2023, 07:37

Grumpy Goat Card Issues

Post by GiannisIsTheBeast »

I’ve noticed that in 2 player games it seems as if the Grumpy Goat card will always be dealt each round. If you don’t have the card in your hand, your opponent will. This seems to go against the idea of it just being shuffled into the deck.

Four colors are used in 2 player games, numbers 1-9. So that’s 36 cards total. The Grumpy Goat card makes it 37. Each player gets 9 cards per hand. So basically the grumpy goat card should appear 48.6% (18/37) of the time in a round. I can’t ever recall it not appearing. I’m not sure if it’s intentional for some reason but it’s odd.

Other smaller issues with the grumpy goat card is it being shown in the wrong order sometimes like 09 instead of 90.

It also seems glitchy when I try to click on it at times… have to select it a few times on my iPhone before it registers.

Overall I think it needs work. Especially if there are any ideas of adding the other 1 card expansion.
Last edited by GiannisIsTheBeast on 10 October 2026, 15:07, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
knightari
Posts: 1
Joined: 06 March 2026, 15:29

Re: Grumpy Goat Card Issues

Post by knightari »

Interesting insights! I also think that the goat should be randomly absent from time to time. Let's say it could be absent in 1 per 3 rounds in a 2-player game.

That could be achieved by shuffling the 36 cards, dealing 8 to each player, then shuffling two cards from the deck with the goat card. Each player then receives 1 card from these 3 and the remaining card is discarded.

I think it could be interesting to play when you don't have the goat and you don't know if opponent has it (and there is a 50% chance they have it).
Last edited by knightari on 10 October 2026, 16:28, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
beerdless
Posts: 5
Joined: 01 June 2026, 06:22

Re: Grumpy Goat Card Issues

Post by beerdless »

I remember asking (albeit in my head haha) this same question when the Arena season first switched to including the Grumpy Goat! I ended up just accepting it would be in each round no matter what, which definitely impacted how I played. A change would be very interesting, and I am curious to see whether players would take a more risky or cautious approach.

Regarding the order, I think someone explained it to me as changing depending on if you had the color it came with, but I do not recall exactly, so please correct me if I am wrong. If the opponent can see this weird order as well, it would be quite the problem since it would give out vital information.
Post Reply

Return to “Odin”