LINE-IT & MIND UP!: Play both, choose the ONE (for you)!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Mr_Magic

Re: LINE-IT & MIND UP!: Play both, choose the ONE (for you)!

Post by Mr_Magic »

They are not meant to be heavy games, they are light fun filler games. I enjoy them. Line it makes me feel a bit like No Thanks when playing
gorefrost

Post by gorefrost »

Mind up is a good game, fast and you have to guess, so can be funny.
I don't like at all Line-it. Slow, not interactive and totally lucky driven.
Jules_Smile

Post by Jules_Smile »

dudi2 wrote: 07 June 2023, 19:30
daveted wrote: 07 June 2023, 14:42 Found him. Took a while.
Actually, found both of him. Once you find them, you can't unsee him.
Wow. Crazy. Really impressive.

Been staring for 5 minutes now… where’s Waldo? Pardon Ned.. give me a hint please
thoun

Post by thoun »

GeraldineMerida wrote: 08 June 2023, 05:57
zoomzilla wrote: 07 June 2023, 22:15 I've played several games of both since Beta release and I find myself disappointed in them both, but for different reasons. Mind up is fine for 3 players and does involve a bit of skill, but any more than that and it's complete luck. With 5 players you may as well close your eyes and pick a card. Line-It is a bit more skill based, but also more boring. Both of these games lack the intrigue to bring me back for another game.
Glad you wrote this: I came here to say they both sound pretty dull from the descriptions. Wasn't sure if BGA was underselling them or they were genuinely meh.

I think I have my answer now.
I would say the expression "don't judge a book by it's cover" also works with boardgames :)
It will share my thoughts, mostly based in the lowest player configuration (3 players for Mind Up! and 2 players for Line-it)

Mind-Up is a clever game, and as you get back the cards from the previous round in the next 2, you can try to remember the played cards so it becomes more competitive and less luck-driven. Variant objective cards can also add depth. I adopted it as the new game I'll use to discover boardgames for players who don't usuallly play, easy to play (not punitive if you play randomply the first turns, like in 6 nimmt), but you have to guess what the others will do if you don't want to get only crappy cards!

Line-it first looked like a game a robot could play, "play the lowest card and make the longest line possible" seemed to be the good strategy. But if you play like this, you will see other players will get bonus cards at a better timing and you'll probably end up losing against good players, so you have to judge when it's the good timing to leave space in the line to take bonus colors.

And to be clear, I'm the dev but I have nothing to win to have them played, I'm not payed relative to the game popularity ;)
Tomawaky

Post by Tomawaky »

Test Both and after few games, prefer Line-IT although I was more interested in Mind up at first
samc1078

Post by samc1078 »

The are both great family games :D
daveted

Post by daveted »

Jules_Smile wrote: 09 June 2023, 08:29

Been staring for 5 minutes now… where’s Waldo? Pardon Ned.. give me a hint please
They take up about 15% of the whole image. They're barely even hidden, just transparent.
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

So which game “won” the rumble?
thoun

Post by thoun »

OutOfHabit wrote: 12 June 2023, 03:56 So which game “won” the rumble?
Anyone can answer, it's a matter of personal taste. Which one should win, according to you?
OutOfHabit

Post by OutOfHabit »

thoun wrote: 12 June 2023, 09:10 [quote=OutOfHabit post_id=145045 time=<a href="tel:1686538592" target="_parent">1686538592</a> user_id=456310]
So which game “won” the rumble?
Anyone can answer, it's a matter of personal taste. Which one should win, according to you?
[/quote]

Ah, was wondering which had a more popular release.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”