LINE-IT & MIND UP!: Play both, choose the ONE (for you)!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

LINE-IT & MIND UP!: Play both, choose the ONE (for you)!

Post by DrClick »

LET'S GET READY TO RUUUUUUUMBLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLE!

In the left corner, Line-It, a game designed by Tim Juretzki and published by Gigamic. Playable from 2 to 5 players for around 20 minutes, and containing 106 cards and 11 tokens. It will be released in July this year...

In the right corner, Mind Up!, a game designed by Maxime Rambourg and published by Catch Up Games. Playable from 3 to 6 players for around 20 minutes as well, and containing only 104 cards. It has already been released for just a few weeks.

In Line-It, the goal of the game is to make an ascending or descending line of cards in order to score points. You need to decide whether to bank your points and start a new line or wait a little longer and try to win the jackpot!
What makes a line? A line is made up of several Number cards and a maximum of 1 Bet card.
You can only have a single line in front of you at one time.
To start a line, you place a Number or Bet card in front of you. This card can either come from the “market” or your hand.
The second Number card you add to your line determines whether the line is ascending or descending. The Bet card does not count.

In Mind Up!, you start with a line of cards on the table, with as many cards as players. Each turn, players pick a card from their hand and simultaneously reveal it to make a new line, ordered from the lowest to the highest card. Each player then takes the card in the previous line at the same position as the one they just played, adding it to their tableau. These cards will score points at the end of the round, depending on their color and the order they were picked. After being scored, they become the player's hand for the next round.

They are totally different card games with totally different gameplays, feels and mechanisms.
Who will win your heart or your group's love?
It is all up to you to decide!

To play Line-It, click the link below to access the game page, or check the included tutorial to learn the game in no-time!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=lineit

To play Mind Up!, click the link below to access the game page, or check the included tutorial to learn the game and set it up!
https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=mindup

The most beautiful thing here is that both games were developed by thoun who did remarkable work to adapt both of them for Board Game Arena, and whatever happens, he is the real one winning both games! Send him some love, he deserves it.
Of course, as we already mentioned, we would like to thank both publishers and game designers for their authorization to have the game here on Board Game Arena, and we want you to send them some love by playing both of the games. They really deserve your attention, and we appreciate that both teams were inclined to participate in this simultaneous release.

It's more than enough for today, and we are sure you will at least make one of these games your next favorite - if not both.
See you next week for another amazing release.
And until then, take care and play fair!
Ez0ah

Re: LINE-IT & MIND UP!: Play both, choose the ONE (for you)!

Post by Ez0ah »

2 simple yet interesting games :) Thx for the implementations

Side note: Mind up is still showing up as beta rn
DrClick

Post by DrClick »

Ez0ah wrote: 07 June 2023, 13:41 2 simple yet interesting games :) Thx for the implementations

Side note: Mind up is still showing up as beta rn
It's fixed ;) Thx for the note!
EliasFF

Post by EliasFF »

So this week the score is New Games 2 x 0 Ned, or am I wrong?
daveted

Post by daveted »

Found him. Took a while.
Actually, found both of him. Once you find them, you can't unsee him.
dudi2

Post by dudi2 »

daveted wrote: 07 June 2023, 14:42 Found him. Took a while.
Actually, found both of him. Once you find them, you can't unsee him.
Wow. Crazy. Really impressive.
ericalikestowin

Post by ericalikestowin »

What a fun post! I love this double release - two similar card games, in that they have to do with number orders, but seemingly different mechanisms and goals. I can't wait to learn and play!
zoomzilla

Post by zoomzilla »

I've played several games of both since Beta release and I find myself disappointed in them both, but for different reasons. Mind up is fine for 3 players and does involve a bit of skill, but any more than that and it's complete luck. With 5 players you may as well close your eyes and pick a card. Line-It is a bit more skill based, but also more boring. Both of these games lack the intrigue to bring me back for another game.
GeraldineMerida

Post by GeraldineMerida »

zoomzilla wrote: 07 June 2023, 22:15 I've played several games of both since Beta release and I find myself disappointed in them both, but for different reasons. Mind up is fine for 3 players and does involve a bit of skill, but any more than that and it's complete luck. With 5 players you may as well close your eyes and pick a card. Line-It is a bit more skill based, but also more boring. Both of these games lack the intrigue to bring me back for another game.
Glad you wrote this: I came here to say they both sound pretty dull from the descriptions. Wasn't sure if BGA was underselling them or they were genuinely meh.

I think I have my answer now.
DaddyKiki69

Post by DaddyKiki69 »

A couple of nice filler games :)

Return to “Official announcements [en]”