Tournaments FAQ

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
curseyoukhan

Re: Tournaments FAQ

Post by curseyoukhan »

I was playing in my first tournament (Mem 44 started Saturday) and there's something I really don't understand. I got timed out in two games (my opponent only expelled me in one) and I was sitting in front of my computer the whole time and making moves whenever I got a go to table notification. I have since gotten another timed out loss over night. Meanwhile in a bunch of my games its been someone else's turn for awhile (i don't mind that). What are the rules around timing? How did I time out when I was never notified it was my turn? In the game I wasn't expelled from, my opponent had 10 hours on the clock and I was in the red even though I never left the game. We played it like a non-tourney 2p with both of us there for the entire game. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks for the info. Links to FAQ/Threads very appreciated.
Lucasdu77

Post by Lucasdu77 »

Hello,

How to manage when 3 peoples have exactly the same amount of points during a tournament 7w2.

14 matchs / 12 wins for the tree opponents.
Between the 3 oppenents, each have win against the others.
A wins B
B wins C
C wins A

We are facing a perfect tie. but this is stage 1 and only 1 player have to be selected for stage 2.

What do you mean ?
Gulchen

Post by Gulchen »

curseyoukhan: ​ What are the numbers for those tables?

Lucasdu77: ​ Does 7w2 have _just_ win/lose, or also scores?
Mathew5000

Post by Mathew5000 »

curseyoukhan wrote: 24 July 2023, 02:22 I got timed out in two games (my opponent only expelled me in one) and I was sitting in front of my computer the whole time and making moves whenever I got a go to table notification. I have since gotten another timed out loss over night.
Gulchen wrote: 16 August 2023, 18:17 curseyoukhan: ​ What are the numbers for those tables?
Curseyoukhan's question was answered here: viewtopic.php?p=149066#p149066 In a nutshell, the answer is "Tournament games start when the tournament starts, not when both players show up. Whoever is first player, their clock starts running." (quoting nik592). By the way, it's not great form to post the same question in 4 different threads.
Flebous

Post by Flebous »

How are the xp points per tournament calculated?
landon1013

Post by landon1013 »

Is there a way to see all games that you currently have enough ELO to play tournaments in?
grojaky

Post by grojaky »

Hello,
How are the ties calculated ?
Participated to a Jaipur tournament, won all games but one, tied with someone else (won against) but second.
Points difference 6 for me, 10 for the first, where does that come from? Is the rule the same for any game?
Thanks in advance for answer.
nik592

Post by nik592 »

It seems to say score difference, so I'd guess the difference in points across all your games? I can't be sure without going through all your games, which I'm not inclined to do, but you can if you're curious. I don't know if that sort of rule is used in all tournaments, but I have heard of it being used before.
grojaky

Post by grojaky »

Thanks for answering.
Jaipur is played in 2 or 3 rounds (first one winning 2); so it’s maybe the total balance of rounds won. I wish this was clear in tournament rules though.
nik592

Post by nik592 »

True, but each round has a number of points, so it could also be counting those. I can't imagine how you'd play 8 games of Jaipur, win 7 of them, and somehow get 10 out of rounds won (I do play Jaipur myself, so I know how it goes) - should be 14 or 15 no matter what happens with the third round of each game that you won.

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”