Terra Mystica: landscapes, auctions, and maps!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
Een

Terra Mystica: landscapes, auctions, and maps!

Post by Een »

We are happy today to update one of the most played games on Board Game Arena. Terra Mystica is a wonderful game and since its release in February last year, some of you have really played it a lot. Almost 2000 players have played more than 50 games here on BGA! So we are really happy to add more game elements to discover and enjoy!

Play it now!

So what's new? Here is the list!
  • The Special Landscapes expansion is now available! You can find the rules here.
  • Two new maps have been added. Revised Base Map is an update to the original game map moving some terrains around to shift the balance between factions, and Lakes is a new map (designed by Jason Counihan) that has been illustrated by Feuerland Spiele just some weeks ago: it's really new and should be a complete discovery for all but the most well-informed players!
  • The starting VPs are adjusted using the most up to date system devised by the publisher depending on the faction and the map. For the curious who want to know all about it, here are the tables: Base Game, Revised Base Game, Lakes.
  • You can now select factions through an auction system. This way, you'll have to use your own evaluation of the strength of each faction relative to each map and other factions in play to make the best bid. That's quite a challenge! As suggested by the publisher, the auction system on BGA follows a proposal made on BGG for Gaia Project (original post here).
We know that a lot of you always want more, and will ask "What about Fire & Ice?" (yes, we know you will ;) ). For now, it's not possible to have Fire & Ice on BGA. We sure hope that this may change in the future (even if it will be quite a lot of work to implement), but only time will tell!

Have fun discovering this new expansion and options!
Cappie

Re: Terra Mystica: landscapes, auctions, and maps!

Post by Cappie »

Een wrote: 28 June 2019, 10:00
[*]The starting VPs are adjusted using the most up to date system devised by the publisher depending on the faction and the map. For the curious who want to know all about it, here are the tables: Base Game, Revised Base Game, Lakes.
The URLs of the Revised Base Game and Lakes doesn't seem to work:

Not Found
The requested URL /tm_startingvps_lakes.jpg was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at forum.boardgamearena.com Port 443
Yack_san

Post by Yack_san »

Ihaaaaaaa! Thank you BGA for that !!!:)
Een

Post by Een »

Cappie wrote: 28 June 2019, 10:50
Een wrote: 28 June 2019, 10:00
[*]The starting VPs are adjusted using the most up to date system devised by the publisher depending on the faction and the map. For the curious who want to know all about it, here are the tables: Base Game, Revised Base Game, Lakes.
The URLs of the Revised Base Game and Lakes doesn't seem to work:

Not Found
The requested URL /tm_startingvps_lakes.jpg was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.18 (Ubuntu) Server at forum.boardgamearena.com Port 443
I have fixed the links. Thanks!
Chaldejczyk

Post by Chaldejczyk »

Excellent! Thank you!
Yack_san

Post by Yack_san »

I am unable to translate properly section with Fire&Ice ( translation doesnt show correctly and seems some error related to special markers <>)
Raulink

Post by Raulink »

Y la ampliación fuego e hielo con las nuevas facciones para cuando??
Een

Post by Een »

Yack_san wrote: 28 June 2019, 12:02 I am unable to translate properly section with Fire&Ice ( translation doesnt show correctly and seems some error related to special markers <>)
Seems ok to me, except there is some repetition of text in the translation of the ending parenthesis (not sure why you did that)
Dravaal

Post by Dravaal »

Thank you for continuing to provide excellent services. We appreciate the hard work.
Yack_san

Post by Yack_san »

Een,
Because i wasn't able to edit that section so i translate it all in next one (i wasnt able also to erase that section so thats why its repeated:/ please remove this sentence ftom your level and it will be fine:

" Wiemy, że wielu z was zawsze chce więcej i zapyta „Co z ogniem i lodem?” (tak, wiemy, że będziesz ;) "

Return to “Official announcements [en]”