ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Board Game Arena Official announcements
DrClick

ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Post by DrClick »

Congratulations to every winners of the previous Beta/0 season!

Season 1 is NOW launched.

The overall operation is exactly the same as season zero: you liked it, so we didn't want to change much.
We have updated some game configurations. The full list is here: https://forum.boardgamearena.com/viewt ... 3&t=15035

Season 1 will end on July 4 at 12:00 UTC (so a bit shorter than the previous season).

UPDATE: for organizational reasons, we have a delay the end of the season by 2 days (=> end on July 6th at 12:00 UTC).

As at each start of the season, you are switched to a lower league, which puts everyone back on an "almost" equal starting line. Almost because those who had reached the upper leagues have a small advantage anyway :) For this season 1, you have been demoted from 1 to 2 leagues, and in addition we have added quite a few new leagues.

It's up to you to find the way of the elite!

We want to make more changes in the future. In particular we want to improve 2 points for the following season:
improve the matchmaking, with maybe a matchmaking that will last longer but with more opponents of your level.
make more distinctions according to the games: for some games the transition to the elite league is a bit easy, and very hard for others.

TO YOUR MOUSE!
nmego

Re: ARENA SEASON 1 : Let's go !

Post by nmego »

3P 7Wonders here we go! :D
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

Not sure best place to report it, but some of the trophies for season 0 were never awarded and it appears you've already moved on to season 1.

The award for top 5 in Clans of Caledonia failed to show up: sprockitz and Faray should have received reward

https://boardgamearena.com/award?game=1143&award=155

Players were rewarded for top 10
https://boardgamearena.com/award?game=1143&award=156

Also missing my top 5 trophy for Hawaii (though maybe this was cutoff at 3 for some reason?)
qznaught

Post by qznaught »

Where can I find the arena configuration list for all games? :?:
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

Post by sourisdudesert »

sprockitz wrote: 16 April 2020, 16:35 Not sure best place to report it, but some of the trophies for season 0 were never awarded and it appears you've already moved on to season 1.
Yes, we didn't award top 5 / top 10 / top 20 awards for games with less than 50 / 200 / 500 participants in the Arena.

However this should have worked for top 5 Clans of Caledonia.

We are investigating...
The Luggage

Post by The Luggage »

It's exciting to be starting a new Arena season again! This is a fantastic addition to bga, thank you, guys!!
Hawke666

Post by Hawke666 »

Why the restriction to 2-player for so many games in arena? e.g. Through the Ages (new or old) are both not so good at 2p.
The Luggage

Post by The Luggage »

Of course, 3-round Lost Cities are less luck-based, but personally, I think 1 round duels are both more 70-30 than 60-40 and so much more fun...
Raul4ever

Post by Raul4ever »

Arena needs a serious revamp in that I should be able to see the number of players waiting for a game. Without that info, I wouldn't know if someone is waiting to play a game or not. Without that info, its just wait and wait some more for a player to show up sometime
sprockitz

Post by sprockitz »

Raul4ever wrote: 17 April 2020, 02:35 Arena needs a serious revamp in that I should be able to see the number of players waiting for a game. Without that info, I wouldn't know if someone is waiting to play a game or not. Without that info, its just wait and wait some more for a player to show up sometime
when you start waiting for a game it will tell you how many more players you are waiting for. So if you are joining a 4 player game and it gives you waiting for 1 more player then you know you are close to being able to start a game.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”