Cannot air rebase in malta?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Beginetienne

Cannot air rebase in malta?

Post by Beginetienne »

Hi ! I am doing an air rebase of RAF 1 from tunis to malta. However I get "no supply line" error in red, so I cannot rebase.

I don't remember that air rebase required a supply line ? I've checked the rules and could not find such restriction.

If this is a bug I will file one.

Thanks!
RobertBr

Re: Cannot air rebase in malta?

Post by RobertBr »

The rules require that any rebasing action be to a location that is on a transport line and in supply. That means for islands, like Malta, Gibralta, etc., that there needs to be a transport with at least 1 sortie at the location, even if you do not intend to use the sortie.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

4.2.2 Air Movement (page 9)
Important: Air movement must end in a Map Box, in a friendly city, or in a hex containing a Transport Line and no enemy unit or enemy marker. In addition, a supply line (7.4) must be able to be traced from the ending location to a Supply Source for the unit. If tracing across a Sea Zone, the trace cannot be intercepted, and the convoy used is not activated. Just confirm that a valid supply line can be traced. This requirement limits movement ending behind enemy lines.
@RobertBr: when checking supply line, it needs a convoy but "at least 1 sortie" is not checked.
Beginetienne

Post by Beginetienne »

Thanks for checking the rules for me :mrgreen:
RobertBr

Post by RobertBr »

Lunalol wrote: 23 June 2021, 09:22
@RobertBr: when checking supply line, it needs a convoy but "at least 1 sortie" is not checked.
That's odd, I am sure I have tried to do this on Rhodes and the system was pretty insistent there needed to be a sortie on the convoy.
Lord Vasta

Post by Lord Vasta »

RobertBr wrote: 23 June 2021, 12:18
Lunalol wrote: 23 June 2021, 09:22
That's odd, I am sure I have tried to do this on Rhodes and the system was pretty insistent there needed to be a sortie on the convoy.
If that is the case, it is a bug. No sortie is required.
Lunalol

Post by Lunalol »

So, it's a bug, I must change that.
Lord Vasta

Post by Lord Vasta »

Lunalol wrote: 25 June 2021, 16:47 So, it's a bug, I must change that.
Merci for continuing to keep USE working and getting better.

Sal
Dren608

Post by Dren608 »

Sal doesn't the definition of Supply require you be "able" to trace supply?
That would require a Convoy that would be used to have at least on unused Sortie. Otherwise it can not be used for supply.
My other FTF and Vassal games we have always played that way.
The Rules indicate a valid supply route so a Convoy with 6 sorties couldn't be considered a Valid supply route could it?
Lord Vasta

Post by Lord Vasta »

Dren608 wrote: 03 August 2021, 22:11 Sal doesn't the definition of Supply require you be "able" to trace supply?
That would require a Convoy that would be used to have at least on unused Sortie. Otherwise it can not be used for supply.
My other FTF and Vassal games we have always played that way.
The Rules indicate a valid supply route so a Convoy with 6 sorties couldn't be considered a Valid supply route could it?
The intent of the rule is a supply line path is able to be traced (e.g. the UK cannot move an air unit to Malta if both ends of the Med are cut off). A convoy needs to be present, but its number of sorties does not matter. It's what I was hoping to get across by the rule stating "the convoy used is not activated". Since there is no activation, there is no need to have an unused Sortie.

Return to “Unconditional Surrender! World War 2 in Europe”