[April fools] BGA NED: board games under your skin!

Board Game Arena Official announcements
sourisdudesert
Administrateur

[April fools] BGA NED: board games under your skin!

Post by sourisdudesert »

Are you tired of missing when it is your turn to play on BGA? Do you lack some kind of "immersion" when you play online compared to a board game in real life?

We are excited to introduce a new device that will contribute to breaking the frontier between online play and the real world: the NeuroEntertainement Device.

The NED is a connected microchip implant that makes your board game experience more immersive than ever. Once implanted under the skin of your hand with the sterile materials we provide, your hand is directly connected to BGA though your smartphone or WiFi, and you can benefit from all the features.

Here is a list of the features that are already supported today:

Vibrate hand on my turns: your hand will vibrate as soon as it is your turn to play (particularly helpful in Turn based). For the LED enabled version, a blinking green/brown light is also visible on your hand.

Roll dice: for supported games (Yathzee, Seasons, Martian Dice, and many others...), you can know roll the dice using your hand and the integrated motion sensor of the NED Chip.

Make friends: when you shake the hand of another NED Chip enabled BGA player in real life, you immediately receive a proposition to add this person as a friend on your BGA account, so you can play together!

Heartbeat sensor: the NED Chip also measures your stress, allowing BGA to alert you when your level of stress is too elevated during a game. BGA will then display messages that will contribute to helping you relax more. Taking care of the health of our players is an absolute priority for us, thus this first feature as a part of our EHS (Environmental, Health and Security) program.

Another amazing benefit: when you are at a table with only NED enabled players, we display your opponents hearbeats as well so you can see who is (maybe) preparing some insidious move. This especially deepens the gaming experience in our social deduction games (Werewolves, Mascarade, Hanabi...).

Upcoming features (end 2022/Q1 2023):

Alexa integration: you should be able to just say to your own hand "Alexa, create an Azul table with Brian".

Electroshock: to make your game more tense, the electro-shock version will briefly paralize your hand when dramatic actions are taking place occur in the game (like getting cards at 6 nimmt!).

IRL integration: offer a NED Chip to friends who are slow to play IRL, so the chip can remind them discretely when it is their turn to play on those tables as well.

And the best of this is that you can order BGA NED today, as we are launching the Kickstarter Campaign for this new device.

I want to improve my body for board games.

BGA NeuroEntertainement Device specifications:
- bluetooth, wifi, NFC, GPS
- 600Mb memory available for third pary app (note: pre-installed, un-uninsallable applications occupy 550 Mb)
- 72h autonomy for the rechargeable version.
- For those who prefer to avoid recharging their hands: the nuclear-enabled version and its super secured Radium extract has a guaranteed 40 years autonomy.

UPDATE: April fools!
Maximus3000

Re: BGA NED: board games under your skin!

Post by Maximus3000 »

OH MY!!!! Sign me up!!!
Priceless

Post by Priceless »

Happy 1st April, team! :D :D :D
SouthMouse

Post by SouthMouse »

wow, I need it!!
where should I sign? :D
Cappie

Post by Cappie »

This would be great!
Allthough the specs arent that impressive. 600 MB memory is not enough. Can we upgrade?
And what is the price?

Can't wait. Hopefully the fully integrated sight chip for you eyes comes soon. So we don't need a mobile phone or computer to see the games.
Mistress Moista

Post by Mistress Moista »

Shut up with this April Fools nonsense.
Simployt

Post by Simployt »

Can you implant it also in my butt? There is more space :lol:
colindalaska

Post by colindalaska »

If you have an option to electroshock people who have fallen into negative time, then you have my support
Sosolagagne

Post by Sosolagagne »

XD XD XD <3
kaduzy

Post by kaduzy »

Much better than most April Fools jokes going around the web today.

Return to “Official announcements [en]”