What would you clue?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
Zoeytamxd

What would you clue?

Post by Zoeytamxd »

Situation:
Hanabi.png
Hanabi.png (32.24 KiB) Viewed 242 times
https://hanabi.devnotebook.fr/display/? ... %2CW1%2CM4

I'm the player1, my W card was clued to bluff a card so I knew it was a W3
I decided to clue player4 Red on the 5 to bluff out player2 R2 and player3 W2.
But player2 clued W to player4 instead.

What do you think?
Romain672

Re: What would you clue?

Post by Romain672 »

With random players, I assume that player 2 has 100% r2.
That mean player 2 must try to see where is r3. It's either on himself since he has r3/b3/w3, or it's on player 3.
And for me, player 2 should just play. It's kinda as if he was bluffed.

It has some complexity on it, but if you play without that, you will never do anything interresting in hanabi in my opinion.
Blacktango

Re: What would you clue?

Post by Blacktango »

P2 should definitely have answered before giving the clue to P3, because they can't know if you're giving a finesse or a bluff.
So if your clue is a bluff and they don't answer, then P4 will bomb.

And even if they knew it was a finesse and not a bluff, they should have answered in case it's a double bluff or finesse + bluff trick.

Well, that was my first thought... :lol:
But looking at the hands more closely, I would say it depends on the experience of the players at the table and how well they know each other.

Was the G card known not to be multicolor? If not, you should consider that P2 will need to avoid a bomb giving a negative clue to that G card.
The W clue is perfect for this purpose.

In such case, there is not much value in giving your R clue. It's just dangerous without much benefit.
Just let P2 give the W clue, then their leftmost card will still be in finesse position on the next turn. Or P4, with their full hand, will be happy to give the R clue to P2 for you.

Return to “Hanabi”