help first month premium free offer

Discussions about BGA (all languages)
Forum rules
Warning: challenging a moderation in Forum = 10 days ban
More info & details about how to challenge a moderation: viewtopic.php?p=119756
jigglypuffan

help first month premium free offer

Post by jigglypuffan »

so boardgamearena said i have a special offer..

but there no place to redeem it.. im scare to take the month thing and its cost me something..

can someone comffirm i will get it without pay?
brisdaz

Re: help first month premium free offer

Post by brisdaz »

Do you have a screenshot? Is there a link to terms and conditions?
jigglypuffan

Post by jigglypuffan »

https://ibb.co/1JDC45k

sorry its in french.. but yeah its said free month but i cant click anywhere to like redeem it.

i could try to pay the month thing , but i am scare its make me pay and dont give me free.
jigglypuffan

Post by jigglypuffan »

tbh its write to use premium lower , so i guess its fine and free..

but its a little scary that it make me pay.
Blacktango

Post by Blacktango »

I really don't know how does this offer works on BGA, but for many services on the Internet, you are asked for your means of payment, even if the first month is free.
Then, if you don't cancel it at the end of the month, you pay automatically.
jigglypuffan

Post by jigglypuffan »

yeah seems like it.. anyway i will probably pay 1 month after to support the site .
JohnnyCyclops

Post by JohnnyCyclops »

I got the "free first month" pop up for a couple of days last week while playing on my iphone using a browser. I didn't get the same on my PC over those same days. I don't like using my phone for paying for stuff, so just bought the whole 12 months premium via my PC later, but am curious why the pop-up for the free month was only on phone/mobile.
nik592

Post by nik592 »

I think the popup only comes around once for users and if you don't accept it, never again, which seems a little unfair. A friend of mine joined BGA and saw it but wasn't ready to pull the trigger. She convinced me to join and mentioned that to me, so when I saw it pop up, I jumped at it. I think it appears only 4-5 days after you join.

I don't understand why there just isn't a free one month trial available whenever people are ready to join. Some people need a bit longer to decide if they want to move to premium (and while I understand a free trial isn't really a full move to premium, it requires payment details, and I get the reticence on doing that less than a week after joining).
JoysJoy

Post by JoysJoy »

jigglypuffan wrote: 19 July 2023, 17:46 https://ibb.co/1JDC45k

sorry its in french.. but yeah its said free month but i cant click anywhere to like redeem it.

i could try to pay the month thing , but i am scare its make me pay and dont give me free.
I can understand wanting to get your offered free month, but I see it is <$26 EUR for one year to join. I, myself, had an offer to keep the old rate but it would not redeem when the time came so I chose to buy the year at the new price anyway. <$3/ month is really, really cheap so maybe it's not worth sweating the $3?

Return to “Discussions”