Gin Rummy is now in beta!

Hot and crispy games just out of the oven
Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on: https://boardgamearena.com/#!bugs
ufm

Post by ufm »

Gin Rummy is a two-player card game which is one of the most popular variants of rummy.
Players take turns alternately until one player ends the round or only 2 cards remain in the deck.

Please try the game here: https://boardgamearena.com/gamepanel?game=ginrummy
KaziuKaz

Re: Gin Rummy is now in beta!

Post by KaziuKaz »

I don't think it works good... as I can't find the option to meld cards - always have to discard, and the same has to do my opponent...
ufm

Post by ufm »

KaziuKaz wrote: 19 August 2023, 02:11 I don't think it works good... as I can't find the option to meld cards - always have to discard, and the same has to do my opponent...
You obviously don't know how to play this game then. Read the rules first.
FelixFelicus7

Post by FelixFelicus7 »

Hello UFM!

Really enjoying your Gin Rummy implementation. The game options are VERY comprehensive & the layout is perfect.

Just curious if you ever contemplated NOT showing the entire hand history to reward skill, and just have the most recent action listed instead? Its used very effectively in the Sea Salt & Paper implementation even though its not as crucial there as it is with Gin Rummy.

Players could always go back & study replays from either player's perspective for analysis and for transparency.

Thanks in advance for your time,
Paul
tchobello

Post by tchobello »

ufm wrote: 19 August 2023, 02:43
KaziuKaz wrote: 19 August 2023, 02:11 I don't think it works good... as I can't find the option to meld cards - always have to discard, and the same has to do my opponent...
You obviously don't know how to play this game then. Read the rules first.
Are you really developing games for BGA ?
ufm

Post by ufm »

Gin Rummy never melds cards to somewhere else.
It's one of the most distinctive features which separates Gin from other Rummy games...
When they complain like that, honestly it's their own problem as it proves they didn't even bother to read the manual.
ufm

Post by ufm »

Maybe I was too upset as they argued that 'the implementation doesn't work' for no good reason while it worked well enough.

Return to “"Beta" games”