Remaining card count during a match

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
nik592

Remaining card count during a match

Post by nik592 »

I'm currently playing my first game of Challengers with some friends - because it's our first game, we set auto card reveal to be off so we can see what happens. However, I've found myself wondering as a match goes on how many cards my opponent has left (or I have left for that matter), indicating how many more reveals may happen. Is there a way to tell this, or a reason why it isn't known? I initially thought perhaps we always have the same number of cards, but since the discards are variable, I don't think that's correct. And I'd assume you'd be able to know in a real-life game (at least on your own cards).
GTSchemer

Re: Remaining card count during a match

Post by GTSchemer »

If I recall correctly, it may have been a request from the publisher and/or designers that it be hidden. In a real life game you COULD maybe try to count your opponent's cards, but in my opinion it's against the spirit of the game, since the nature is that it is supposed to be unknown.

However, you can change this with an option when the table is setup. Just choose "Deck size numbers" to be "Yes".

Return to “Challengers”