Winning???

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
AbstractArtist3881

Winning???

Post by AbstractArtist3881 »

I seem to find only one way to win with any civ is through military. Anyone having the same problem on all games.
NaCl_duke

Re: Winning???

Post by NaCl_duke »

You seem to play a lot of solo games. I do not have a lot of experience with this. But you can check on recently finished games and check out single player games that were won.
Watch a replay of these and see how these players succeeded. You can find recently played games on the game info page in the "Game information" section next to "Number of games played".
Tapestry is a balanced game. You can win with a focus on conquest, city map points or tech cards points. But you have to adapt based on civ and tapestry cards you have.
Good luck
AbstractArtist3881

Post by AbstractArtist3881 »

Can you give some examples on winning without conquest?
Harry Hawkins

Post by Harry Hawkins »

There are pros and cons of every track. You're right in observing that there is a lot of point potential going up the military track. You can gain a lot of points just conquering - that being said even if you conquer even seven spaces you'll only score 16 points having four of your red buildings removed from your income matt.

Compare this to science. This track does not offer a lot of points as it acts as a support for the other tracks. That being said the potential for points having removed four of the gray buildings is much greater (54 points for a completed city). That being said it's very hard to complete your city in games that have more players due to the limited amount of landmarks available.

To me it seems like the most points for any track comes down to how you play in the last spaces of the track. To really succeed it's the way you combine the tracks that is key rather than the focus on one specific one. For this reason I really enjoy tech and it's ability to support other tracks. I'd recommend playing a game, go up the tech track and avoid the tech cards that give you landmarks. In my opinion I feel that players often overvalue these and overlook some of the really neat tech cards. :)

Return to “Tapestry”