Partner Zoo Discount on Galapagos Giant Tortoise

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
shobalk

Partner Zoo Discount on Galapagos Giant Tortoise

Post by shobalk »

Hi there,

I'm probably missing something subtle about partner zoos, but I've looked everywhere and my understanding is that an animal should be discounted $3 per partner zoo icon.

In this example, I have the North American partner zoo, but the Galapagos Giant Tortoise doesn't appear to receive a partner zoo discount. It's still listed at a full $30 on the display.

From the rule book:
Pay the cost of the animal indicated in the upper-left corner of the Animal card. If you have a partner zoo on the continent from which the animal originates, this reduces the cost by 3 money per continent icon. Pay the money into the general supply. If you have a card that gains you money for playing the animal, you only take that money in a later step, meaning you must already have enough money beforehand to pay the full cost of the animal.
Am I misinterpreting the rule?

Thanks!

Tisaac

Re: Partner Zoo Discount on Galapagos Giant Tortoise

Post by Tisaac »

shobalk wrote: 13 January 2024, 18:20 Hi there,

I'm probably missing something subtle about partner zoos, but I've looked everywhere and my understanding is that an animal should be discounted $3 per partner zoo icon.

In this example, I have the North American partner zoo, but the Galapagos Giant Tortoise doesn't appear to receive a partner zoo discount. It's still listed at a full $30 on the display.

From the rule book:
Pay the cost of the animal indicated in the upper-left corner of the Animal card. If you have a partner zoo on the continent from which the animal originates, this reduces the cost by 3 money per continent icon. Pay the money into the general supply. If you have a card that gains you money for playing the animal, you only take that money in a later step, meaning you must already have enough money beforehand to pay the full cost of the animal.
Am I misinterpreting the rule?

Thanks!

Have you tried refreshing the page ? There is a bug report that sometimes the discount is not displayed but after playing couple of moves or after refreshing it always go back to normal.
shobalk

Re: Partner Zoo Discount on Galapagos Giant Tortoise

Post by shobalk »

Ahhh, indeed that was it! Thank you for the quick answer and terrific game.

I was wondering if I missed a rule about endangered animals.

Thanks!

Return to “Ark Nova”