What happened to Polterkitties?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
BangkokGarrett

What happened to Polterkitties?

Post by BangkokGarrett »

The last couple of Arena matches I've entered, Polterkitties isn't available. And my opponent isn't taking that one either. There are 6 clans to choose from, but Polterkitties isn't there. Are they randomly presenting us with only 6 of the possible 7 clans, and one clan is being randomly excluded from the choices?
eugaet

Re: What happened to Polterkitties?

Post by eugaet »

In an announcement to all Pocket Cats players earlier today, it was stated "[t]he Polterkitties clan is now only playable in friendly mode." The only potential reason given was that it was because the Polterkitties clan was "offered during the first printing." If that's the case, it sounds like it may have been a publisher request? Limiting it to friendly mode, however, makes one think it's ELO related.
BangkokGarrett

Re: What happened to Polterkitties?

Post by BangkokGarrett »

eugaet wrote: 04 April 2024, 04:44 In an announcement to all Pocket Cats players earlier today, it was stated "[t]he Polterkitties clan is now only playable in friendly mode." The only potential reason given was that it was because the Polterkitties clan was "offered during the first printing." If that's the case, it sounds like it may have been a publisher request? Limiting it to friendly mode, however, makes one think it's ELO related.
Oh, okay. Thanks for the information! I really think Polterkitties might have had an unfair advantage over the other clans. I was completely dominating most of the Arena games I played using them with mostly lopsided scores. It was an incredible advantage to be able to pick any other prey card instead when uncovering a prey card. I would use that on average 3 times per game, I'd say. You could use it to reach almost any previously unreachable area of the board and drag opponents in front of dogs or drag my self into high scoring squares. Plus the 5 point captain was immune to dogs. No other clan has nearly that great of an advantage.

Return to “Pocket Cats”