Arena - Impossible to Advance

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
empalu

Arena - Impossible to Advance

Post by empalu »

Is there any chance to do something to pair lower ranked players in arena games, rather than giving me elite players all the time? I lost 5 games in a row to elite players, and I think I did quite good in all of them, I just couldn't beat them pros. I am basically stuck in the same spot in the arena ranking and it is frustrating. Don't give me the "play better" type of advice please, I am genuinely interested in how the pairing system works and if it does something to prioritize games of players that are at similar level.
greenjacket124

Re: Arena - Impossible to Advance

Post by greenjacket124 »

Yes, you're able to set what level of arena players that you'd like to be matched with.
empalu

Post by empalu »

OK, that is good to hear, but I can't find that setting. Maybe it is because I am not a Premium player.
greenjacket124

Post by greenjacket124 »

empalu wrote: 23 April 2024, 22:46 OK, that is good to hear, but I can't find that setting. Maybe it is because I am not a Premium player.
When you're on the Arena screen, click on the gear icon, and then select Advanced Options.
Auphyr

Post by Auphyr »

I can't find this setting either. I am on the Ark Nova game, arena mode selected, and I don't see any gear icon. There is the usual setting for opponent skill range, it looks like people being restricted from accessing a door, but these settings seem to be ignored by matchmaking.
calvaria

Post by calvaria »

Ark Nova (or any game) screen, Below the big blue "Start" button, it says number of players and to the right you have a door. click that door and you can restrict who you're matched against.
DoctorFianchetto

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

calvaria wrote: 26 April 2024, 10:18 Ark Nova (or any game) screen, Below the big blue "Start" button, it says number of players and to the right you have a door. click that door and you can restrict who you're matched against.
This restricts on ELO, they are asking to restrict by Arena league, for example don't match players in Elite league. I don't think this is possible.
greenjacket124

Post by greenjacket124 »

It's there. You just have to know where to look. https://imgur.com/a/cPKnEcz
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

DoctorFianchetto wrote: 26 April 2024, 13:58 This restricts on ELO, they are asking to restrict by Arena league, for example don't match players in Elite league. I don't think this is possible.
Unless BGA has changed it, "level" means Arena league for Arena games, and elo category for simple games.
DoctorFianchetto

Post by DoctorFianchetto »

greenjacket124 wrote: 26 April 2024, 14:09 It's there. You just have to know where to look. https://imgur.com/a/cPKnEcz
Wow, that's not easy to find!

Return to “Ark Nova”