Is there a hoarders list?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Erikaatje

Is there a hoarders list?

Post by Erikaatje »

I think i got one now... annoying
OwnerOfTheIronThrone

Re: Is there a hoarders list?

Post by OwnerOfTheIronThrone »

What do you mean by hoarders?
Erikaatje

Post by Erikaatje »

Collect all the jokers/tokens and purple and never spend it
OwnerOfTheIronThrone

Erikaatje wrote: 30 April 2024, 11:32 Collect all the jokers/tokens and purple and never spend it
It's not possible to keep the tokens indefinitely anymore because after a certain amount of moves you will get a warning that you have to buy a card. If you don't your opponent will win on next move.

It is possible to keep them for a long time using extra turns and refreshes as well as spending them and then stealing them back with 4/3 cards from deck II, which I do a lot for example, but it's just a pretty good strategy to win.
Erikaatje

Post by Erikaatje »

But it's annoying to play with these people, who wants to win by playing like this all the time... i don't play with random players anymore, because of this.
OwnerOfTheIronThrone

Erikaatje wrote: 01 May 2024, 03:46 But it's annoying to play with these people, who wants to win by playing like this all the time... i don't play with random players anymore, because of this.
I can recommend 2 solutions:
1. Play friendly games. I don't think anyone cares about winning friendly games as there is no elo to be gained or lost.
2. Try to keep at least 1 gold at all times. Blocking strategy is extremly viable when there are extra turn cards and they all cost a pearl. If you have 1 gold you can build them -> refresh the board -> reserve and take gold again. It wasn't enough to prevent infinite blocking, but now infi ite blocking is impossible due to the extra rule. It's enough to invalidate blocking strategy in many positions, or if not ivalidate, at least give you some counterplay.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

If you don't like the rules of the game, play friendly games where you can specify house rules. Do not try to blame or publicly blacklist other players who simply use the rules to their advantage.
pinklemonade00

Post by pinklemonade00 »

I hate hoarders too, its a cheap, no fun, way to win a game when the player doesnt have real skill. The only suggestion I have is to go to their profile and click "Do not match me with this player again" but thats still after youve played them..
PegasusDragon1

Post by PegasusDragon1 »

I’m in one of these matches right now. I have no gold or pearls. And EVERY card in the display has pearls. He set me up this way and then the game just isn’t fun. This will be my last match of this. Thanks for ruining the fun.
thoun

Post by thoun »

PegasusDragon1 wrote: 15 May 2024, 12:17 I’m in one of these matches right now. I have no gold or pearls. And EVERY card in the display has pearls. He set me up this way and then the game just isn’t fun. This will be my last match of this. Thanks for ruining the fun.
He can't keep them more than 3 rounds, if he does you'll have an option to kick him ;)

Return to “Splendor Duel”