Hidden tiebreaker?

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
qatman

Hidden tiebreaker?

Post by qatman »

I just played a 2-player game where we tied on points, but my opponent was awarded the victory. Not a tournament. Is there a hidden tiebreaker - the rules do not indicate one?
MasterMar

Re: Hidden tiebreaker?

Post by MasterMar »

Most moons wins ties
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

qatman wrote: 26 May 2024, 16:57 I just played a 2-player game where we tied on points, but my opponent was awarded the victory. Not a tournament. Is there a hidden tiebreaker - the rules do not indicate one?
The rule MasterMar stated is explicitly in the rules, at least the English version:
Add up all the points you scored throughout the
game, including completed Lucky Box cards.
Whoever has the biggest Mega Total wins! In the
case of a tie, the tied player with the most Moon
tokens wins.
lala2171

Post by lala2171 »

There seems to be a second tie breaker when players have the same number of moon tokens, since there is a winner of the tie. But it's not stated anywhere on the score mark. It happened to me several times, but I don't get on what it's based on, after moon tokens.
thoun

Post by thoun »

I checked one of your game and you're both ranked 4th, so there probably isn't any other tie-breaker : https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=518327539
JeshuaMorbus

Post by JeshuaMorbus »

It happened to me and the real tie-breaker was the number of stars. We had same points, same moons but different number of stars: that was made me loose.
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

JeshuaMorbus wrote: 30 May 2024, 10:55 It happened to me and the real tie-breaker was the number of stars. We had same points, same moons but different number of stars: that was made me loose.
Post a link the game please.
JeshuaMorbus

Post by JeshuaMorbus »

Meeplelowda wrote: 30 May 2024, 18:51
JeshuaMorbus wrote: 30 May 2024, 10:55 It happened to me and the real tie-breaker was the number of stars. We had same points, same moons but different number of stars: that was made me loose.
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=519131319 <- i'm pretty sure i "won" this game (at least, it was celebrated with the winning fanfare, if not with ELO points xD). The only difference between my score and my adversary's was the number of stars (both of us summed 9, but i had more? I can't remember well).
In the stats, the only clear difference is that i had won more lightning bolts than my opponent... heck, it's almost a mirror match XD
Meeplelowda

Post by Meeplelowda »

JeshuaMorbus wrote: 31 May 2024, 02:00
Meeplelowda wrote: 30 May 2024, 18:51
https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=519131319 <- i'm pretty sure i "won" this game (at least, it was celebrated with the winning fanfare, if not with ELO points xD). The only difference between my score and my adversary's was the number of stars (both of us summed 9, but i had more? I can't remember well).
In the stats, the only clear difference is that i had won more lightning bolts than my opponent... heck, it's almost a mirror match XD
It says right there on the game results page that you are both 1st. It doesn't do that if a tie breaker resulted in a different place. BGA doesn't have a different sound for a tie for 1st vs. a solo win.
Jellby

Post by Jellby »

JeshuaMorbus wrote: 31 May 2024, 02:00 i'm pretty sure i "won" this game (at least, it was celebrated with the winning fanfare, if not with ELO points xD).
Why do you give more credibility to the sound effect than to the final result (where it says both players are 1st), the Arena result (you didn't win or lose any shield), and the elo exchange (if you hover on the elo, it clearly says you both tied)?

Return to “Super Mega Lucky Box”