Win ratio

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
DazaB
Posts: 8
Joined: 31 July 2020, 10:06

Win ratio

Post by DazaB »

I imagine this is me being thick, but why does BGA say I have 81% win rate when 1939/3466 is about 56%? Amd any idea what the +6 is?


3 466 (+6) Games • 1 939 Victories • 81% wins
FrankJones
Posts: 2815
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: Win ratio

Post by FrankJones »

the +6 means friendly games. Which usually (but not always) includes solo.

The win ratio on BGA makes little sense. Usually a lot off friendly mode games will cause the number to be highly inaccurate because it counts friendly games played in the denominator but not friendly wins in the numerator.

You do not have a lot of friendly games, so the weird stats are likely the result of BGA handling win ratios oddly for multiplayer games.
User avatar
Tuut Tuut tis Luut
Posts: 137
Joined: 02 May 2018, 20:10

Re: Win ratio

Post by Tuut Tuut tis Luut »

I just assume the win rate does not reflect your total games. But your most recent x number of games. While the number of games do show your total history.

Otherwise the win rate might not accurately reflect your current skill level.
FrankJones
Posts: 2815
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: Win ratio

Post by FrankJones »

For 2-player games with no results in parentheses, (meaning all games were rated and not friendly mode), the win ratio is "all time", not just recent games, I think?

I never thought otherwise, but now I'm not so sure.
Post Reply

Return to “Spades”