I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
Post Reply
User avatar
Maxime Chi
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 July 2025, 11:54

I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by Maxime Chi »

Image


I could make my personal record with this game, but my opponant has conceded victory :(

So frustrating.

This game is a 1/5000 maby... :(
FrankJones
Posts: 2840
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by FrankJones »

I'm not sure that's going to be all that high-scoring of a game. You don't have much going for End-round goals or your bonus card. You have the wrong food; I'm not sure why you have a fish when you haven't played Killdeer yet.

How many points are you thinking you would have scored here?

Also, Raven, Killdeer and a repeater (mockingbird or Catbird) happens way more often than 1 in 5000 games.
User avatar
Meeplelowda
Posts: 4075
Joined: 14 March 2020, 10:31

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by Meeplelowda »

FrankJones wrote: ↑05 October 2026, 01:28 I'm not sure that's going to be all that high-scoring of a game.
The score doesn't have to be high in order for it to be a personal record. I could set a PR for my 5K and be really happy about it even if it is 6 minutes slower than the world record. You probably didn't intend it, but unless you looked at their game history and are expressing an opinion that they were not likely to break their personal record, what you're saying sounds like you think they shouldn't care because their score wouldn't have been impressive even if it was a personal record.
Play Now lobby 4ever! https://boardgamearena.com/lobby
FrankJones
Posts: 2840
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by FrankJones »

Meeplelowda wrote: ↑05 October 2026, 07:40
FrankJones wrote: ↑05 October 2026, 01:28 I'm not sure that's going to be all that high-scoring of a game.
The score doesn't have to be high in order for it to be a personal record. I could set a PR for my 5K and be really happy about it even if it is 6 minutes slower than the world record. You probably didn't intend it, but unless you looked at their game history and are expressing an opinion that they were not likely to break their personal record, what you're saying sounds like you think they shouldn't care because their score wouldn't have been impressive even if it was a personal record.
True, I don't know what the OP's personal record is. I was merely trying to point out that the setup might be overvalued. Depending on how often the game is played with the power birds included, I wouldn't be surprised if that specific setup fell short of a player's personal record.

I agree with the OP being frustrated that the game was conceded - that would irritate me too.

OP's personal record is 127 (or more, I stopped looking when I Saw the 127). I don't see that game becoming a 128.
illy831
Posts: 59
Joined: 12 November 2024, 06:25

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by illy831 »

Meeplelowda wrote: ↑05 October 2026, 07:40 The score doesn't have to be high in order for it to be a personal record. I could set a PR for my 5K and be really happy about it even if it is 6 minutes slower than the world record.
Wow, you're fast! :)

Yeah, it's for reasons like these that I do not concede games. If my opponent is having an all-timer, let 'em enjoy it. Unless they specifically ask in the chat to call it so they can move on.
Ceaseless
Posts: 1427
Joined: 12 November 2022, 17:06

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by Ceaseless »

A functional early game power 4 is pretty much an auto win vs any normal hand. It's not much of a game, just one player's insane cards dominating the other. While the game itself was poorly played, it still doesn't change the massive gap in hand levels made things very one-sided. I can see why the opponent would choose to concede.
FrankJones
Posts: 2840
Joined: 30 June 2024, 00:24

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by FrankJones »

Ceaseless wrote: ↑05 October 2026, 21:04 A functional early game power 4 is pretty much an auto win vs any normal hand. It's not much of a game, just one player's insane cards dominating the other.
Agreed, which begs the question of, why bother playing with the power 4 if it's just an auto-concede as soon as it hits 50%.
Ceaseless
Posts: 1427
Joined: 12 November 2022, 17:06

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by Ceaseless »

FrankJones wrote: ↑05 October 2026, 22:01
Ceaseless wrote: ↑05 October 2026, 21:04 A functional early game power 4 is pretty much an auto win vs any normal hand. It's not much of a game, just one player's insane cards dominating the other.
Agreed, which begs the question of, why bother playing with the power 4 if it's just an auto-concede as soon as it hits 50%.
But you get to beat up on players when you're the lucky one to get it and not them. Or you can hope that your opponent doesn't know how to play the cards and puts them in the wrong spot. It mostly seems to be a beginner abuse format; the most practical use I've seen for it is showing off the absurdity of the power 4 themselves.
User avatar
Archisian
Posts: 273
Joined: 30 September 2021, 07:00

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by Archisian »

Maxime Chi wrote: ↑04 October 2026, 20:20 Image


I could make my personal record with this game, but my opponant has conceded victory :(

So frustrating.

This game is a 1/5000 maby... :(
Image
User avatar
Maxime Chi
Posts: 2
Joined: 09 July 2025, 11:54

Re: I could make my personal record, but my opponent concede victory :( So frustrating

Post by Maxime Chi »

Thanks for your answer.

I don't play often with power birds because the "chance factor" is too high for me.

If I play it sometimes, it's for the fun to hit them and maybe beats my personal reccord (not a world reccord ! ;) )

If we play with power birds, we have to be agree that the opponent can be lucky too sometime...

I find quitting is not very generous ! :)

But that's not the end of the world... My message was pretty much the expression of a frustration ! :lol:
Post Reply

Return to “Wingspan”