Tournament module 2020 UPDATES: Multiplayer Elimination

Tournaments organization / Organisation des tournois
voodoolord

Re: Tournament module 2020 UPDATES: Bracket Elimination

Post by voodoolord »

Draasill wrote: 26 February 2021, 21:27
leryblack wrote: 26 February 2021, 17:30 Hi, we are testing the bracket elimination tournament in a multigame competition with a quite fixed user group. We are setting tournaments with a configuration of Min. 4 players, Max. 4 players and 2 players passing each round so that we always have a 4 player final round.

We found out that in all the games we are having the same players being paired together in the first round, and we guess that it could be because instead of having a random pairing algorithm the groups are being made by user id order or other criteria that is always a fixed value for each player.

For a multi game competition or tournaments played by a fixed group of users it would be much more fun with a random pairing system.
Hi,

this is must likely the case.

Could you give me the link of the tournament please ?

Thanks for testing :)
I believe the correct algorithm would be, presuming 32 players in 2nd round, 4 per match,
Match 1/Rd2: winner match 1/1, winner match 1/9, 2nd match 1/5, 2nd match 1/13
Match 2/Rd1: winner match 1/2, winner match 1/10, 2nd match 1/6, 2nd match 1/14
Match 5/Rd2: 2nd match 1/1, 2nd match 1/9, winner match 1/5, winner match 1/13
leryblack

Post by leryblack »

voodoolord wrote: 01 April 2021, 13:13
leryblack wrote: 26 February 2021, 17:30 Hi, we are testing the bracket elimination tournament in a multigame competition with a quite fixed user group. We are setting tournaments with a configuration of Min. 4 players, Max. 4 players and 2 players passing each round so that we always have a 4 player final round.

We found out that in all the games we are having the same players being paired together in the first round, and we guess that it could be because instead of having a random pairing algorithm the groups are being made by user id order or other criteria that is always a fixed value for each player.

For a multi game competition or tournaments played by a fixed group of users it would be much more fun with a random pairing system.
Hi,

I believe the correct algorithm would be, presuming 32 players in 2nd round, 4 per match,
Match 1/Rd2: winner match 1/1, winner match 1/9, 2nd match 1/5, 2nd match 1/13
Match 2/Rd1: winner match 1/2, winner match 1/10, 2nd match 1/6, 2nd match 1/14
Match 5/Rd2: 2nd match 1/1, 2nd match 1/9, winner match 1/5, winner match 1/13
At 2nd round and highers it is not so annoying as it depends on previous round's results, you get a different group of players being paired. But at 2st round, when playing among a fixed group of players in a multigame competition as we did (it was some kind of "olympic" games) you are paired every first round with the same players all the time.

I guess that there could be a better pairing system for first round to prevent this, using ELO, a random algorithm... whatever that is not a constant value as user ID.
leryblack

Post by leryblack »

Hi,

Hi again,

We just started a new multigame competition using bracket eliminations. Here you have a pair of links if you want to check the pairing criteria for first round, I guess it is still using the user ID to form groups.

http://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id ... eTUX7zSPy6

http://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id ... IMOSpLb39S

We will be releasing new tournaments for a couple of weeks or more, so please tell me if you need any feedback on this ;)

Thank you!
Boardgame BH

Re: Tournament module 2020 UPDATES: Multiplayer Elimination

Post by Boardgame BH »

Hi! I'm interested too. Could you also give me access, please?
Thanks!!!
Akudiso

Post by Akudiso »

Hi! I'd like to make a rallyman GT tournament with this format. I'd like the link, thanks
Nanourk

Post by Nanourk »

Hi,

On tournamnent : https://boardgamearena.com/tournament?id=79966

Game : https://boardgamearena.com/table?table=162769081

How the 2 best players, out of 4 at 1st rank, are selected ?

Not the score when game end
Not the Elo Ranks of players
Pure Random ?

Nanourk
TacCOIG

Post by TacCOIG »

Hi,
I'm interested in creating these types of tournaments. Can I get access please? Thanks! :)
Nereid

Post by Nereid »

I would like to test some tournaments with this format, i would appreciate if ou could give me beta access.
Keep up the good work!
Shaid

Post by Shaid »

Hello, I would like to have access and also be able to test the tool.
Torneios BGBH

Post by Torneios BGBH »

Shaid wrote: 29 April 2021, 14:38 Hello, I would like to have access and also be able to test the tool.
me too

Return to “Tournaments / Les tournois”