Page 3 of 3
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 03:09
by Meeplelowda
tarongot wrote: ↑29 September 2026, 23:20
You are ok with that logic?
I was just asking for clarification of what you want, and guessing what it is that you want based on what you said. How does that translate to me defending the logic of the fast turn-based time jokers? For what it's worth, I voted for your bug report. Be careful or tbhp's fuzzy reasoning is going to rub off on you.
I've used one time joker in the over six years I've been on BGA, so I couldn't care less what they do with them.
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 07:31
by thoun
FrankJones wrote: ↑29 September 2026, 17:34
A time joker extends thinking time by 96 hours, and fast-turn based games use 12h of thinking time per day, so I can see the logic behind a time joker extending a fast-turn-based game by 8 calendar days.
I think you nailed the cause of the bug

Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 10:54
by tbhp
Meeplelowda wrote: ↑30 September 2026, 03:09
I've used one time joker in the over six years I've been on BGA, so I couldn't care less what they do with them.
I don't care either. I just find it funny that people have trouble understanding the logic that when you add time to a clock with sleeping hours, this means that it will take twice that time for the clock to run down.
Strange to call a bug something that just follows the logic of the systems in place.
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 11:51
by tarongot
tbhp wrote: ↑30 September 2026, 10:54
Meeplelowda wrote: ↑30 September 2026, 03:09
I've used one time joker in the over six years I've been on BGA, so I couldn't care less what they do with them.
I don't care either. I just find it funny that people have trouble understanding the logic that when you add time to a clock with sleeping hours, this means that it will take twice that time for the clock to run down.
Strange to call a bug something that just follows the logic of the systems in place.
I find annoying that people will do everything, find twisted logic and poor excuses to justify something that is clear bug. Person who programed that feature didn't know, or didn't care, that there are fast play by mail games that have timer running in 12 hours window. It is that simple.
Good, logical system would include that.
The Time Joker feature intention is clear and follows from the description. You are suppose to have 4 more days time to figure emergency stuff, 4 more real days, not imaginary "effective days", not artificial + 4 days to timer, just 4 real days.
I don't find funny that some people have trouble understanding that. Or maybe that is just them doing trolling
.
I'm sure you will care when that feature will be used to take your table hostage for months. But that is more complex problem, that without real intentions from BGA won't be solved. Time joker bug is simple to fix.
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 12:44
by thoun
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 13:33
by tbhp
So maybe now we'll see bug reports appear with people wondering why the Joker only gave them 48 hours when it said it would be 4 days.
tarongot wrote: ↑30 September 2026, 11:51
I'm sure you will care when that feature will be used to take your table hostage for months.
I don't care about waiting, and I also said I don't defend cheaters or people who intentionally take tables hostage. Those are a totally separate issues.
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 13:45
by tarongot
tbhp wrote: ↑30 September 2026, 13:33
So maybe now we'll see bug reports appear with people wondering why the Joker only gave them 48 hours when it said it would be 4 days.
I don't care about waiting, and I also said I don't defend cheaters or people who intentionally take tables hostage. Those are a totally separate issues.
You don't care about waiting for example 7 weeks already (and no idea how long total when it finally ends) to end game that without that abuse would end in 2-3 weeks? You don't care that its not what you have signed for (not what "contract" said) and that you have no good option there?
I'm usually nice and can wait a little, but not that nice to wait that long.
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 14:01
by tbhp
tarongot wrote: ↑30 September 2026, 13:45
You don't care about waiting for example 7 weeks already (and no idea how long total when it finally ends) to end game that without that abuse would end in 2-3 weeks? You don't care that its not what you have signed for (not what "contract" said) and that you have no good option there?
I don't see why I should care when a game ends. I just care that it ends.
Sports are all about waiting in the first place. You have to wait 4 years to see the next world cup. You may have to wait decades to see your team win a title. You may have to wait a century to see your country host the Olympic Games.
On this site there's tournaments I had to keep trying my shot at for a year before I finally won them. Waiting a few months for a game is nothing.
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 14:24
by Jellby
I don't see why I should care that a game ends, I care about playing it.
If I want to wait, I can always wait for frogs to grow hair.
Re: CONTEST: How many time jokers can be used at single game table
Posted: 30 September 2026, 15:03
by tbhp
The good thing is that on this site, you can have many different games playing. So normally, you should be constantly cycling through different games and objectives. A game taking longer than expected doesn't fundamentally change that experience.
Do people also complain that in Swiss system tournaments, sometimes you have to wait a long time for all the other games to complete? Well, this is a bit of a rhetorical question, I have seen people complain about that in chats. I don't understand this mentality.