Agora expansion : destroying wonders containing shields

Forum rules
Please DO NOT POST BUGS on this forum. Please report (and vote) bugs on : https://boardgamearena.com/bugs
gregius

Agora expansion : destroying wonders containing shields

Post by gregius »

Hello all,

Are you also "shocked" by the fact that, in the agora expansion destroying a built wonder containing a shield does'nt make any change on the conflict pawn? If you destroy the colossus (2 shields) conflict pawn should go back too. no?
KongKing123

Re: Agora expansion : destroying wonders containing shields

Post by KongKing123 »

The publisher has stated that the shields gained are permanent: viewtopic.php?p=70419#p70419
JumpMaybe wrote: 24 October 2020, 09:42 I asked the publisher this question during development and the answer was:
"It is the same rule as Anubis in Panthéon: The affected player doesn’t lose the instant effects previously granted by that Wonder (shields, coins, progress tokens, constructed or discarded card, replay effect)."

So the only effects your really lose are Victory Points and Resource choices and the secondary benefits you might have of having a Wonder constructed.
In my opinion, that Conspiracy is hardly ever worth it and sometimes even helpful to your opponent, since it allows him to potentially construct his 4th Wonder when you've already constructed all of yours (I found that out the hard way).

I suppose destroying 6 or 9 VP is the only good use for it.
gregius

Re: Agora expansion : destroying wonders containing shields

Post by gregius »

thanks a lot !

Return to “7 Wonders Duel”