Search found 8 matches

by Anonemuss
30 September 2026, 14:12
Forum: The Castles of Burgundy
Topic: Castles of Burgundy Special Edition
Replies: 1
Views: 232

Re: Castles of Burgundy Special Edition

There's been a lot of discussion for quite a while about adding new maps and expansion gameplay. From what I understand, the developer has pretty well walked away from the project
by Anonemuss
30 September 2026, 14:08
Forum: The Castles of Burgundy
Topic: Arena - Why 1st Edition tiles?
Replies: 3
Views: 308

Re: Arena - Why 1st Edition tiles?

I agree the first edition art I just cannot look at. Even though they have very nice advantage of seeing which tiles were Black market. That's critical at super high level play I would love an adaptation of the 2019 art that included an indication of black market tiles To be clear, I always play the...
by Anonemuss
30 September 2026, 14:05
Forum: The Castles of Burgundy
Topic: New castles
Replies: 2
Views: 550

Re: New castles

I have the special edition but mostly play online. I've never used Shields or vineyards. Are they a lot of fun? I absolutely love the core gameplay and don't want to distract from the clean mathematical beauty of it
by Anonemuss
30 September 2026, 14:03
Forum: The Castles of Burgundy
Topic: Scoring for regions
Replies: 3
Views: 211

Re: Scoring for regions

The main strategy to know is to prioritize small regions first and larger regions later. Speed is very important in phase a and b. Completing a one-tile region in phase A is worth 11 points, versus only 3 in phase E. On the other hand of five tile region is worth 25 points in phase A (virtually impo...
by Anonemuss
29 September 2026, 21:17
Forum: The Castles of Burgundy
Topic: Defense for Monastery Tile 1
Replies: 1
Views: 120

Re: Defense for Monastery Tile 1

It is incredibly strong, particularly on maps with large building regions. I rarely finish all buildings in a game, but will still often grab tech #1 on a map with a 5 or greater building region. It allows you to deprioritize buildings earlier in the game and finish areas late game in a way that's v...
by Anonemuss
29 September 2026, 21:13
Forum: The Castles of Burgundy
Topic: Tie Breaker
Replies: 4
Views: 486

Re: Tie Breaker

I personally wish excess workers (unscored) would be the first tiebreaker. If i end the game with 1 worker (worth .5 points) the game sees that as a score of zero
by Anonemuss
29 September 2026, 21:05
Forum: The Castles of Burgundy
Topic: re: taking tile which is not needed to prevent opponent from completing a region
Replies: 6
Views: 288

Re: re: taking tile which is not needed to prevent opponent from completing a region

Hi-level competitive castles is typically 2p with identical boards. This reduces outside factors and minimized luck. Blocking is incredibly important and integral to the game. If i can reduce your final score by 20 by blocking a region, or I could gain 20 by taking and placing another tile, I will b...

Go to advanced search